SPEA prepares policy papers from time to time. These present a perspective of the association on important policy issues in the Pacific region. The papers are made available for peer review and input by engineers in the region. The papers are not necessarily consensus views of the six national chapters, but rather are intended to provide guidance for those interested in issues.
Three papers were approved and issued in July 2010:
- The role of engineering in sustainable economic development in the South Pacific (pdf)
- Resilient infrastructure and disaster management (pdf)
- The needs for engineering education in the South Pacific (pdf)
Two papers were approved and issued in January 2012:
- Development and enforcement of technical standards (pdf)
- Principles for planning and approval processes for sustainable development (pdf)
One was paper approved and issued in May 2013:
One was paper approved and issued in July 2013:
Those wishing to make comment on any SPEA policy document should email those comments to .